This is a country that invented spray cheese, Manwich, and deep fried Kool Aid. So . . . we can't ALSO all be highbrow, discerning foodies. Right?
According to a new survey, 74% of Americans say they have a sophisticated palate, and the average age they developed it was 31.
And here are the top nine signs you're a foodie. I guess a nice, round top 10 would've been too mainstream and commercial?
1. Trying lots of new foods.
2. Being interested in where food comes from.
3. Being able to cook a quality meal.
4. Knowing what foods are in season.
5. Knowing how to pair meats and cheeses with wine and beer.
6. Always having a cool restaurant you want to try.
7. Being able to pronounce tough food names.
8. Eating healthy
9. Traveling to a country to try the food.