Here's a secret you won't want to tell your kids about. A newsurveyfound the average adult completely spoils their appetite five times a week. Here are seven stats on America's snacking habits . . .
1. We have an average of 10 "snack attacks" a week where we suddenly feel the urge to start snacking.
2. 57% of us have eaten an entire bag of chips or other snacks in one sitting.
3. 45% have accidentally eaten a full MEAL of nothing but junk food.
4. 37% of Americans have bought a new snack because they thought it was healthy . . . then found out it wasn't.
5. Half of us have been snacking more than usual during the pandemic. Working from home is one of the main reasons.
6. Almost 70% of Americans tend to eat more than the recommended serving size of their favorite snack.
7. 56% said that when it comes to snacking, they have little to no self-control.
(Photo: Getty Images Europe)